Applicant Requirements :
- Positive attitude, team player, ability to follow directions, eager to learn, reliable, on-time
- Prior general construction, roofing or electrical experience is required; solar experience a plus
- Heavy equipment (skidsteer, lull, boom lift, etc.) operator experience a plus
- Knowledge of the safe use of basic hand-held and power tools
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs and comfortable working with tall ladders and on rooftops (not afraid of, but respectful of heights)
- Ability and willingness to working in extreme environments – i.e. snow/rain, hot sun, attics, crawlspaces…
- Must have valid driver’s license and own reliable means of transportation
- Background check may be required
- OSHA-10 certification preferred
Job Responsibilities :
- Effectively communicate with crew foreman, project manager, and crew members
- Assist crew with warehouse and trailer inventory and transporting of equipment to job sites
- Assembly of racking equipment – on the roof or on the ground
- Assist with installing roof penetrations, safety anchors, ground mount footings
- Installation of modules, wire, conduit, etc. on rooftop or ground/pole mount
- Assist with meeting equipment deliveries, runs to the supply house
- Help maintain a safe, clean and respectful jobsite, truck and warehouse
Hourly wage commensurate with experience; generous benefit package including 90% paid employee health insurance with optional spouse/dependent/dental/visit coverage (for full-time/permanent employees), paid holiday/sick/vacation time, pre-tax IRA participation with company match, work shoe discounts and health club membership.
Please reply to this with resume AND cover letter (required) or contact Same Sun at 141 West Street, Rutland VT 05701.
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
COVID safety plan in place