Same Sun of Vermont, a dynamic solar design and installation company is looking for dedicated professionals to join our team. Based in Rutland, and operating statewide.
A resume, cover letter and a minimum of 3 job references are required for consideration. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Solar Designer’s primary job is to support the Operations and Project Management teams by developing customer specific design packages, including basic site plans, one-line electrical drawings, array layouts and grid interconnection details. While mostly focused on residential projects, the job will at times include small-scale commercial projects. Prior solar installation and/or design experience required. NABCEP certification and/or Solar S-license (or equivalent state license) highly preferred.
- Positive attitude, team player, ability to follow directions and work autonomously, eager to learn, attention to detail;
- Possess a calm, professional demeanor and work well under pressure and with deadlines;
- Prior solar installation and/or design experience required; 2+ years design experience highly preferred;
- NABCEP certification and/or Solar S-license (or equivalent state license) highly preferred;
- Basic understanding of building construction and familiarity with National Electric Code (NEC, 2017 and up) required;
- Prior general construction or electrical experience preferred;
- Experience and/or knowledge of battery storage systems is a plus;
- Degree or specialty training in the trades with focus/concentration on solar is a plus;
- Strong computer skills, including MS office, google suite, CRM’s;
- Experience with visual design software such as SketchUp, AutoCad, SmartDraw, Visio, etc.
- Some familiarity with solar design software, such as PVWatts, Helioscope, Aurora, Solmetric Suneye, etc desired.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Compile pre-construction job folder and analyze technical documents to begin design package – tech visit checklist, system size per contract, site photos;
- Work closely with sales, operations and project management team to ensure design package is representative of customer contract, specific site conditions and municipality requirements;
- Use design software to create basic site plan, physical array layout and suggested string map, electrical one-line drawing with wire/conduit schedule;
- Create project-specific bill of materials (BOM) and create product order in coordination with project manager;
- Complete and file post-project as-built changes to original design package;
- Provide design and as-built support to service division for repair/troubleshooting purposes;
- Communicate with local AHJ’s as appropriate and work with operations team to ensure permit applications are compliant;
- Attend product trainings and research new products/technologies.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting wage commensurate with experience;
- Generous benefits package, including:
- 100% paid employee health insurance premium with optional spouse/dependent/dental/vision coverage
- Pre-tax IRA participation with company match
- Paid holidays / sick time, vacation
- Health club membership
- Company subsidized elective training (i.e. electrical or solar courses)
- Work shoe discounts;
- 90-day review, annual performance evaluations thereafter.
To apply for this position, please email resume, cover letter and a minimum of 3 job references to email@example.com