A resume, cover letter and a minimum of 3 job references are required for consideration.
Solar equipment is becoming increasingly sophisticated in its computerization and networking capabilities. The Solar Communications Technician will assist with select solar array commissioning and Data Acquisition System (DAS) set-up, as well as troubleshooting for our dedicated service division, Solar PROformance Services (SPS), whose primary job is to oversee servicing the company’s growing fleet of residential and commercial PV systems, generally less than 500kW AC. This includes hundreds of existing Same Sun solar customers, as well as new clientele requiring inspections and/or repairs of their solar arrays.
The ideal candidate will have IT/networking experience, be motivated by the opportunity to work in the renewable energy sector, and will be a problem solver with attention to detail, who enjoys a good challenge. The position involves physical labor, regular vehicular travel and occasionally extended hours. Flexibility regarding daily hours and tasks are a must.
· Positive attitude, highly motivated team player able to give and follow directions, eager to learn and reliable. Strong verbal and written communication skills required;
· Possess a calm, professional demeanor and appreciation of the importance of customer service;
· Ability to think on feet under pressure, make adjustments and decisions as required;
· 2+ years prior IT/network engineering work required; some solar installation/service, general construction, roofing or electrical experience is preferred;
· Experience analyzing data preferred, knowledge of solar Data Acquisitions Systems (DAS) a plus;
· Knowledge of the safe use of basic hand-held and power tools, and electrical wiring;
· Ability to lift 50+ lbs and comfortable working with tall ladders and on rooftops (not afraid of, but respectful of heights);
· Ability and willingness to working in extreme environments – i.e. snow/rain, hot sun, attics, crawlspaces…;
· Must have valid driver’s license and own reliable means of transportation;
· Background check may be required.
Primary Job Responsibilities(including but not limited to)
· Setup and troubleshooting of basic inverter-direct and cellular monitoring platforms through to full commercial site aggregate data collection with dedicated connections? Projects may be managed across multiple platforms and portals;
· Assist Service Technician with field-based troubleshooting and reactive maintenance as needed, across company fleet, including but not limited to coms down, inverter/opti/micro replacement, suspected rodent damage, etc.
· Assist Service Technician with Preventative Maintenance visits for enrolled customers, including advanced diagnostics and performance testing;
· Assist installation crews as needed with commercial and battery-backup project system commissioning, DAS set up;
· Regular updates to Operations Manager, Vice President and company ownership regarding communications progress, changing methodologies and any customer issues;
· Preparation of detailed written and photo documentation about system test results, outcome of repair work done and time/materials used;
· Assist team in analyzing year over year system production;
· Work with sales team when service work can lead to system expansion;
Compensation & Benefits
· Starting hourly wage commensurate with experience, with substantial growth opportunity for right individual
· Generous benefits package, including:
· 90% paid employee health insurance premium with optional spouse/dependent/dental/visit coverage;
· Pre-tax IRA participation with company match;
· Paid Holidays / sick time, vacation;
· Health club membership;
· Company subsidized elective training (i.e. electrical or solar courses);
· Work shoe discounts;
· 90-day review, annual performance evaluations thereafter.
To apply for this position, please include resume, cover letter and a minimum of 3 job references.