Same Sun of Vermont, a dynamic solar design and installation company is looking for dedicated professionals to join our team. Based in Rutland, and operating statewide.
A resume, cover letter and a minimum of 3 job references are required for consideration. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PV Installation Foreman’s primary job is to lead a crew in safely installing solar-electric systems to the highest level of quality and code compliance, follow plan sets and job specifications, and provide frontline customer service at the jobsite. While mostly focused on residential projects, the job will at times include small-scale commercial projects as well. Previous PV and/or building trade experience highly preferred.
- Positive attitude, team player, ability to follow directions, eager to learn, reliable, on-time;
- Possess a calm, professional demeanor and appreciation of the importance of customer service;
- Prior general construction, roofing or electrical experience is required; solar experience a strong plus;
- NABCEP certification and OSHA 10/30 preferred, but not required;
- Experience with conduit bending/route planning preferred;
- Ability to think on your feet, make adjustments and decisions as required;
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members, plan work flows, and set goals;
- Heavy equipment (skidsteer, lull, boom lift, etc.) operator experience a plus;
- Knowledge of the safe use of basic hand-held and power tools;
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs and comfortable working with tall ladders and on rooftops (not afraid of, but respectful of heights);
- Ability and willingness to working in extreme environments – i.e. snow/rain, hot sun, attics, crawlspaces…;
- Must have valid driver’s license and own reliable means of transportation;
- Background check may be required;
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead the installation of PV projects according to the provided design, following applicable codes and company policies, with a strong emphasis on quality and safety;
- Set the tone for your crew regarding morale (including in bad weather!) – inspire them to exceed goals and expectations and to always work safely and with a sense of urgency;
- Regular updates to Project Manager regarding job progress, unexpected conditions, crew well-being, customer concerns/questions. Discuss any ‘as-built’ deviations from design prior to implementation, and mark up plan set;
- Impress the customer, as well as other stakeholders (subcontractors, suppliers, inspectors, etc.) with your courtesy, respect and communication;
- Complete post-project documentation, including commissioning checklist, in-progress and final photos, labeling, crew timesheets;
- Maintain and schedule service for company provided work truck and job trailer, and help to maintain orderly and well-organized warehouse.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting wage $20-25/hr, commensurate with experience;
- Generous benefits package, including:
- 100% paid employee health insurance premium with optional spouse/dependent/dental/vision coverage
- Pre-tax IRA participation with company match
- Paid holidays / sick time, vacation
- Health club membership
- Company subsidized elective training (i.e. electrical or solar courses)
- Work shoe discounts;
- 90-day review, annual performance evaluations thereafter.
To apply for this position, please email resume, cover letter and a minimum of 3 job references to email@example.com.